CFA Society Boston hosts Opportunity Zone Investing for Impact Investors
on Monday, June 24, 2019
JUNE 24, 2019 // BOSTON, MA: On Monday, June 24, 2019, CFA Society Boston hosted Opportunity Zone Investing for Impact Investors , an educational program tied to its Sustainable Investing Initiative.
This program presented a thoughtful approach to increasing the knowledge of CFA Society Boston members and other attendees. Participants were exposed to Opportunity Zone resources, social implications, and more as thought-leaders representing the main constituencies in this space gathered together to offer:
- Opportunity Zone Overview
- Fund Sponsor Perspective
- Government / Community Perspective
- Investor / Consultant Perspective
Attendees included mayors and other municipal leaders from 10 Massachusetts communities such as Brockton, Fitchburg, Greenfield, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Marlborough, Pittsfield and Revere.
Featured speakers included:
- Steven Kennedy, Partner, PwC
- Elise Liberto, Private Equity Analyst, Brown Advisory
- Jay Ash, CEO, Massachusetts Competitive Partnership
- Secretary Mike Kennealy, Secretary of Housing and Economic Development
- Matt Camp, President and COO, ICIC
- Lauren Hult, Principal, Bridgespan
- Marcos Marrero, Director of Planning & Economic Development, City of Holyoke
About CFA Society Boston
CFA Society Boston is a not-for-profit professional society founded in 1946 that has been a point of connection for the Boston investment community, providing an open forum for the exchange of fresh perspectives on industry issues and promoting ethics and integrity. More than 6,000 investment professionals locally and globally are members of CFA Boston, representing over 650 investment firms. 95 percent of CFA Boston members hold the Chartered Financial Analyst designation from CFA Institute. CFA Boston is a founding society of CFA Institute. For more information, visit www.cfaboston.org or contact email@example.com.
# # #