Online Webinar: Introduction to Data Science & Python for Finance
Day 1 - Python for Finance |
Day 2 - Introduction to Data Science
Saturday, May 4th and Sunday, May 5th
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The amount of data available to organizations and individuals is unprecedented. Financial services sectors, including securities & investment services and banking, have the most digital data stored per firm on average. Finance companies that want to maximize use of this available data require professionals who have a keen understanding of data science and know how to use it to solve meaningful business challenges.
CFA Society Boston is pleased to partner with Cognitir to offer online webinar sessions of the popular live courses. The flexibility of the online webinar allows you to choose one or both days, depending on your programming needs. In day 1, you will learn the fundamentals of Python, and if you choose to attend Day 2 too, you will learn how to apply your newly acquired Python skills to conduct robust data science and analytics tasks on finance-related data sets.
Day 1 - Intro to Python Learning Objectives
- Why Python and applications
- How do we write programs in Python
- Python syntax and best practices
- Conditionals and Control Flow
- Data Structures
- Working with Python Modules
Day 2 - Intro to Data Science for Finance Objectives
- Introduction to data science for finance
- Real-world applications of data science to finance and business problems
- Building classification models for finance and evaluating output in Python
- Overview of common data science methods
- The data science process - CRISP-DM
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised Learning
- Building clustering models for finance and evaluating output in Python
- Big data "101”
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full course agendas if you are interested in learning more.
Attendees can use either a Mac or Windows computer for this workshop.
Specific area in finance where data science skills acquired from this course can be effectively applied include: sentiment analysis, advanced time series analysis, risk management, real-time pricing and economic data analysis, customer segmentation analysis, and machine learning algorithm creation for financial technologies.
Description:Day 1 only • Python: $499 Members | $599 Non-members
Day 2 only • Introduction to Data Science: $499 Members | $599 Non-members
Both Days • Python for Finance and Introduction to Data Science $898 Members | $1098 Non-members